We had a busy and a amazingly fun time on our staycation!
Friday
We went to the City Museum and had a blast....and I forgot the cameras! Brody and Morgan LOVED LOVED LOVED the climbing and the slides...we were all worn out by the end of the day. Never in the million years would I have thought we would have stayed it there FIVE HOURS with both kids. I knew Morgan would make it but I wasn't so sure about Brody without taking a nap! But WOW we had fun!! If you haven't been there...you HAVE to go!! There are slides and climbing galore! They have an aquarium area with stingrays, sharks, Doctor fish which Morgan LOVED! Check it out here. Should I mention that we all went down the 10 story slide?
We went to the City Museum and had a blast....and I forgot the cameras! Brody and Morgan LOVED LOVED LOVED the climbing and the slides...we were all worn out by the end of the day. Never in the million years would I have thought we would have stayed it there FIVE HOURS with both kids. I knew Morgan would make it but I wasn't so sure about Brody without taking a nap! But WOW we had fun!! If you haven't been there...you HAVE to go!! There are slides and climbing galore! They have an aquarium area with stingrays, sharks, Doctor fish which Morgan LOVED! Check it out here. Should I mention that we all went down the 10 story slide?
Saturday
We hung out around the house until the afternoon, when we met Uncle Dick, Renee, Don and Olivia in Ste. Genevieve. For a little over an hour, we swam at the city's indoor pool. All the kiddos were water babies. They had a HUGE slide in which you had to be 48 inches tall. Let's just say, Brody wasn't very happy since he couldn't go down it. Morgan on the other hand, went down several times. After drying off we headed off the the Anvil to meet Mom and Tom for an early dinner! Lots of giggles and good food...everyone had a good time!! We definitely need to get together more often! AHEM...you know who you are!!!
Sunday
On Sunday, Brody went to Oma's for the day for a full day of playing and swimming in their pool while Bob, Morgan and I went to the Cards game. We were able to get tickets through Morgan's school with an added bonus of a hot dog and a soda for a really good price. So we invited soem friends to come along. IT WAS HOT...oh so HOT outside! But as you can see, we are in the shade!! We were sweating like to no tomorrow, but had a good time. Dana, Chris and the girls had a busy day after the game, but we all had a good time while they were there. We left after the middle of the 8th. Cards won the game! Morgan's first Cards game!!
On Sunday, Brody went to Oma's for the day for a full day of playing and swimming in their pool while Bob, Morgan and I went to the Cards game. We were able to get tickets through Morgan's school with an added bonus of a hot dog and a soda for a really good price. So we invited soem friends to come along. IT WAS HOT...oh so HOT outside! But as you can see, we are in the shade!! We were sweating like to no tomorrow, but had a good time. Dana, Chris and the girls had a busy day after the game, but we all had a good time while they were there. We left after the middle of the 8th. Cards won the game! Morgan's first Cards game!!
Monday
On Sunday after the baseball game, Bob went over and picked up Nolan. We figured since we were doing lots of kids stuff, we would invite him to go along especially for the days in which Brody wouldn't be able to join us as we were doing some things that weren't quite age appropriate for him just yet. So, on MOnday, we went to Lesterville, MO to head down the Black River (both Bob's and my favorite) for a 6 mile float.
On Sunday after the baseball game, Bob went over and picked up Nolan. We figured since we were doing lots of kids stuff, we would invite him to go along especially for the days in which Brody wouldn't be able to join us as we were doing some things that weren't quite age appropriate for him just yet. So, on MOnday, we went to Lesterville, MO to head down the Black River (both Bob's and my favorite) for a 6 mile float.
Tuesday
We went to Purina Farms for the morning. Brody came along with us on this trip. We were only there for about two hours, but it was HOT! The kids and I were able to milk a cow, play in the straw and corn tables, see the sheep, horses and dog show. The kids were able to pet the chickens, bunnies, and guinea pigs.
My favorite part was the dog show.
While the kiddos rested for a few hours, Bob and I were in the pool. Once the kids got up, they joined us in the pool for the rest of the afternoon.
Wednesday
The five of us got up and headed to Grant's farm.
The five of us got up and headed to Grant's farm.
Everyone had fun feeding the babies...then the kiddos rode the carousel.
Friday
I had been giving Bob a hard time about him not taking me fishing. I love to fish and he will go with my uncle or he'll take Morgan...but I am left behind. So we took the kids to daycare and Bob and I went cat fishing. We caught probably 14 in total but only allowed to keep 8. Bob had been checking the fishing reports for Busch Wildlife and on Thursday they had stocked the lakes with new farm breed fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment